A smart pocket watch for the post-smartphone era.
Runcible is a new category of personal electronic which occupies a space between a traditional mobile phone and a wearable device. Featuring a first-of-its-kind fully round screen and a palm-sized form factor, Runcible is modeled on devices humans have carried around with them and loved for hundreds or thousands of years: the pocket watch, the compact, the compass, the magical stone in your hand.
Runcible is designed to help you create a more civilized relationship with your Digital Life. Runcible will never beep, alert, or otherwise interrupt you. The world-class connectivity we all came to expect in the smartphone era (LTE, WiFi, Bluetooth) is there on Runcible when you need it. For the rest of the time, you can keep your head up, your attention on the real world and real people around you, and maintain your sense of wonder about life. Just as the truth about time is available on a legacy timepiece, Runcible distills your Digital Life for you in clean, quiet, glanceable ways. Beautifully designed and built to last, Runcible is the premier device for the post-smartphone era.
Some aspects of the Runcible hardware stack are still works in progress and subject to small amounts of change, but the vast majority is locked down today:
- Processor: Snapdragon 410 quad core, ARM® Cortex® A53 (64bit, 1.2GHz) Qualcomm® Adreno™ 306 GPU with OpenGL ES 3, Qualcomm® Hexagon™ v5 DSP
- Memory / Storage: 1GB LPDDR3 RAM (533MHz ) / 8GB eMMC 5.0 Flash
- Wireless: Wi-Fi 802.11b/g/n 2.4 GHz single band, Bluetooth 4.1, 4G/LTE Data (hopefully)
- Display: 2.5 inch, 640×640 fully round screen at ~256dpi
- Camera: Rear-facing, 7MP camera (support for up to 13MP for hackers)
- Audio: 1x Analog In / Out (other audio I/O options available on the main board)
- Other Interfaces: 1x USB 2.0 (client or host), 2x BLSP 4-pin port configurable as I2C, SPI, UART or GPIO
- Location: Qualcomm® IZat™ Gen 8C GPS, GLONASS
- OS Support: BuniOS (based on Android 5.1), Linux
- RoHS compliant